Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a collection of frequently asked questions regarding our products. To display the answer please click on the arrow to the right of the question or the question itself. With a another click, you can, for a better overview, hide it again.
Common questions about trampolines
- Can I buy trampolines directly from Eurotramp?
- No, the sales and technichal service of Eurotramp products is in most cases organised through qualified specialist sports retailers. This guarantees expert advice and customer service both in the purchase phase and in the utilization phase of the products on site. Eurotramp only delivers directly to the end customer in special cases (e.g. for custom-made products, demonstration apparatuses). Eurotramp does not have its own on-site service for equipment maintenance. This service is provided by our sales partners. Information on technical questions regarding Eurotramp products can be addressed directly to Eurotramp. The local dealer is responsible for pricing the products.
- Can defective jumping beds be repaired?
- In general, all nylon-band beds can be repaired at a favourable price. Should individual nylon bands be damaged, these can be removed and new bands oven and sewn in. Repairing PVC-coated beds (yellow material) is equally as problem-free using high frequency welding. After receiving and inspecting a bed at Eurotramp, we pass to an offer and advise on whether repair is worthwhile. After the go-ahead to repair, beds can be repaired and ready for dispatch within a few days.
- For how many gymnasts are the trampolines designed for?
- Basically, there should only be one person on the trampoline. If several gymnasts use the trampoline together the risk of injury (collision, counter- swing) is much increased.
- How much is a trampolinist allowed to weight?
- Basically, for Eurotramp trampolines, there is no weight limit, as all trampolines are designed for a multiple of the body weight. People with joint complaints or overweight people should start trampolining slowly. Of course, general physical and psychological constitution also makes a difference.
- Is it possible to lose weight during trampolining?
- Trampoline gymnastics on large apparatus is, in itself, an anaerobic sports discipline, because of the high intensity and shortness of the strain. It charges all muscle areas in the body, which results in unusually high calory consumption. For increasing general fitness or reducing weight, the small apparatus like the Trimm-Tramp or the Mini Tramp with 2 equal length legs are especially suitable.
- Is trampolining an Olympic discipline?
- Yes, since 2000 (Sydney) trampolining (individual) has been an Olympic discipline. Eurotramp supplied the games in Sydney, Athens, Beijing and Rio de Janeiro with its competition trampolines.
- Where can you learn trampolining?
- Trampolining may be no longer just be seen as show artistry. These days, there are many clubs all over Germany which professionally train for competitions. On request, we will send you a list of the German clubs which take part in national championships. In general, you can also find information on the website of the German Gymnastics Federation. There you will also find information about possible training to become a trampoline coach.
- Which trampoline do you recommend for children?
- The Ground Trampoline for outdoor use is, no doubt, the most suitable trampoline for children. It is not possible to fall off the apparatus. Likewise, it is not possible to walk underneath the apparatus. The Hobbytramp is on legs, but can also be set in a pit. Your child will love trampolining. Trampolining promotes the development of balance, co-ordination and physical flexibility like no other sport apparatus is able to. Nonetheless, remember to introduce your child gently to trampolining and to provide supervision. Enjoy learning at play with your child!
- Can I wash a trampoline jumping bed in the washing machine?
- In principle all Eurotramp jumping beds made of polyester, nylon or double perlon can be washed in the washing machine. The jumping bed should be put away from the trampoline frame and can be washed with a maximum temperature of 30° with a mild detergent or textile detergent and should be washed with delicate wash cycle (no spin cycle!).
• The 4 metal rings on the corners should be fixed with tape for the protection of the jumping bed and the washing machine.
• IMPORTANT: The jumping bed should be hooked in the trampoline frame again in humid or wet state. If not the nylon strings will tighten and the bed will become useless.
- Can trampolines be used for therapeutic purposes?
- Trampolines are excellently suited for therapeutic purposes, for example our ground trampoline Grand Master for indoor use. A strong trend has been developing in recent years, especially in the area of disability therapy. Trampolines have been successfully employed in many disabled facilities in Germany. Should you require further information about this topic, we'll have contact addresses to your disposition.
- How is the spring length measured?
- The spring length is the distance of the unloaded spring from inner edge eyelet to inner edge eyelet.
- Is Eurotramp able to produce trampoline frames, jumping beds and frame pads as custom-made models or as spare parts for other brands?
- In general we are able to produce all these components as custom-made models or spare parts for other brands. Here it is important that we will receive the right descriptions and dimensions of the requested parts in order to avoid any discrepancies in production. Should you require telephone or email advice, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Is it possible to repair broken or old trampolines?
- Our trampolines are constructed extremely robustly: we often receive pieces of equipment that have been in use for more than 30 years.
But after such a long period of time, even these pieces of equipment require an overhaul. Jumping beds, overall covers and springs can be substituted by the customer himself. On the frame; smaller parts such as chains and feet-rest mounts can be substituted on the spot.
Problems arise when the hinges are worn out after many years of being opened out and folded down again, or for example if the roller stands or lifting roller stands are broken. Should an economic efficiency calculation come to the conclusion that a general overhaul would be worthwhile, then this could be done either by the customer, an external maintenance service or directly by Eurotramp, according to the state of the device in question.
Complicated repairs to the frame make the dispatching of the trampoline to the Eurotramp plant in Weilheim an der Teck necessary.
In order to arrive at an initial assessment regarding the extent of the necessary repair work, it is helpful if you send us, whenever possible, detailed photographs of the trampoline or the possible damage.
Then we could make you a provisional offer and, if required, arrange for your equipment to be collected.
Before the final repair work is done, we would gladly send you a binding costs estimate and obtain your approval for the work. 1-2 weeks later your equipment is once again in full working order and can be returned to you.
Regarding the question of using older trampolines we would like to say, however, that material fatigue, e.g. to the jumping beds, can represent a high risk to the user. For liability reasons, we recommend that, when in doubt, old trampoline components should be replaced.
- Is trampolining dangerous? Which safety rules should be observed?
- Every sports discipline has its own hidden dangers, trampolining included. Nonetheless, the risks can be avoided to a large extent by following the safety rules. Every novice should approach trampolining cautiously. In general, trampolining is not difficult to learn, but too much self-confidence when performing often leads to boisterousness, which can cause accidents. Eurotramp's large apparatus are high performance apparatus, which must not be underestimated - or would you drive round a corner at the same speed as Schuhmacher, if you were only an apprentice? One step at a time! Children especially should trampoline under adults supervision as far as possible.
- Which is the right trampoline for me?
- Eurotramp offers a selection from a large product range which covers all areas of use. Should you require telephone or email advice, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to advise you!
- Which trampolines are weatherproof?
- The Ground Trampoline, Octotramp, the Playground and Kindergarten trampolines and Stationary Trampoline Sets are suitable for long-term outdoor use.
Large Trampolines / Double-Minitramp
- Can I install a high performance bed on a low performance trampoline?
- In general, there is a selection of various types of bed for all large trampolines, in order to maintain an individual performance-level feature. High-performance beds such as the 4×4 mm or the 6×4 mm jumping bed may only be installed in a Grand Master Exclusiv frame. In theory, these beds could also be installed in a Grand Master frame, as it is the same size. As the Grand Master is 7 cm lower, the gymnast's safety is no longer guaranteed for such a combination. As a general rule: The thinner the nylon bands of a bed, the less air resistance is resulting. This increases the jumping depth and thus the safety risk, if you install a high performance bed in a frame which is to low.
- What does the FIG-approved symbol mean?
- For competitions, the Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique (International Gymnastics Federation FIG) has exact specifications of the construction type of the trampoline to be used in competitions. All trampolines and accessories used in competitions and supplied by Eurotramp have a valid certificate.
- Can a 6x6 mm bed be fitted to a Double Minitramp 190?
- No, it is not possible to put a 6x6 mm bed into a Double Minitramp 190 because this jumping bed needs a stronger frame. It can only be put into a Ultimate DMT frame.
- Can Kids Tramps be used by several people at the same time?
- For safety reasons, the Kids Tramp is intended for single use only. However, it is advisable to combine several Kids Tramps (multiple arrangement) to allow several children to jump at the same time.Multiple arrangementKids Tramp
- For which playground trampolines is the PlayPro™ impact protection ring available?
- The PlayPro™ impact protection ring is available for the playground trampolines Kids Tramp "Playground Loop XL" and Kids Tramp "Playground Loop" (round jumping surface). It creates a smooth transition between the trampoline and the surrounding ground covering, e.g. to EPDM surface or artificial turf.
- How is the PlayPro™ impact protection ring mounted?
- The PlayPro™ impact protection ring is mounted (glued) to the trampoline frame/box once the playground trampoline is in place and before the EPDM surface or artificial grass is installed. Mounting time: approx. 15 min. See mounting instructions (PDF reader required).
- Is there an age/weight limit for using the Kids Tramps?
- No, there is no age/weight limit for the Kids Tramps.
- What assembly work is required when buying a Kids Tramp?
- A pit must be prepared for the Kids Tramp. The trampoline is delivered fully assembled and can be inserted into the pit without any further assembly work. Only the impact protection plates have to be glued to the trampoline frame. A suitable adhesive is supplied with the impact protection plates.Product & Service InformationKids Tramp
- Does the Kids Tramp need special care after installation?
- No, once installed the Kids Tramp does not require any special care. During the winter months the jumping bed can be covered with a tarpaulin. Large persistent snow loads put unnecessary strain on the steel springs and should therefore be carefully removed regularly. The pit can be easily cleaned by partially unhooking the jumping bed with the supplied mounting tool.
- How can I combine several Kids Tramps in a group (multiple arrangement)?
- The type of arrangement and the number of Kids Tramps depends, among other things, on the available space, number of devices, terrain, etc. The Kids Tramps can be arranged in a row one behind the other or in a square, for example.Multiple arrangementKids Tramp
- Is there a duty of supervision for the playground trampolines?
- No. All Eurotramp playground trampolines were designed in accordance with the playground equipment standard DIN EN 1176 and therefore do not require supervision.
- What are the main differences between the "non-vandalism-safe" (model "Kindergarten") and the "vandalism-safe" (model "Playground") playground trampolines Kids Tramp?
- The "Playground" model is designed for unattended public playground areas with a jumping bed made of sixfold wire reinforced belt material and a special coating for even more durability (optional). It is characterized by a high level of vandalism safety.
The "Kindergarten" model is mostly for kindergartens and other facilities where a supervision is guaranteed at any time. The jumping bed is made of PVC coated synthetics, not resistant to vandalism.
- What safety precautions has Eurotramp taken to prevent injuries when using the Kids Tramps?
- • Power-reduced suspension: This means that children can reach a maximum jumping height of 50 cm due to the calculated spring power.
• Due to its size, the trampoline can only be used by one person at a time. Dangers due to collisions on the trampoline are therefore eliminated.
• The impact protection plates cover the maximum free fall height of max. 50 cm. A rubber strip is attached to the frame edges to protect against injuries. On the trampoline "Kindergarten" the jumping bed surface is anti-slip due to surface embossing. / On the trampoline "Playground" the jumping bed surface is slip-resistant due to the type and structure of the material.
• The size of the trampoline excludes risk jumps (e.g. somersaults, screws, abdominal and back jumps).
• Sufficiently dimensioned safety spaces above and around the trampoline.
• Use of highly stable materials to reduce damage caused by vandalism (for the "Playground" models).
• Permanent installation of the device in the ground. Ground level reduces the possible fall height. Equipment components (e.g. springs) are difficult to access and therefore very difficult to manipulate.Product & Service InformationKids Tramp
- How can the jumping bed of the Ground Trampoline be cleaned?
- The jumping bed can be cleaned with a PVC-compatible detergent and a brush, rag, etc.
- Is the Ground Trampoline weatherproof?
- The Ground Trampoline is weatherproof and does not need to be dismantled over the winter. A tarpaulin is recommended to protect the trampoline from dirt and to increase its lifespan.
- Is there a weight limit for the Underwater Trampoline?
- The device is designed to be so stable that there is no weight limit per user for the Underwater Trampoline. The springs and jumping bed are designed in such a way that even ambitious jumping exercises can be performed without any restrictions.
- What water depth is required to use the Underwater Trampoline in a meaningful way?
- Generally, a water depth of 120 - 140 cm is recommended for adults. For children a depth of approx. 90 cm is suitable. In general, however, the type of water depth is determined by the intended training content. For certain exercises a greater or lesser water depth may make sense.
- What is the optimal age to use the Underwater Trampoline?
- The Underwater Trampoline is equally suitable for all age groups as aqua fitness, therapy and fun equipment. Different age groups will use the underwater trampoline with different objectives and exercise forms.
We also gladly answer individual questions in personal dialog.